Third International Conference:
6th – 8th July 2010
In the context of global social, political and economic changes the conference this year will explore the ways in which these broad shifts are having an impact on ideas of childhood and youth and on children’s and young people’s everyday lives. Themes for exploration might include:
- UNCRC and its aftermath – in relation to changes in law, policy and governance.
- Children and young people’s changing citizenship.
- Technological change, new media and consumption.
- Environmental change and children’s futures.
- Economic recession and child poverty.
- Transitions in the life course for children and young people in relation to school and work.
- Health, well-being and the body.
This year we also welcome suggestions for small symposia around specific themes. If you wish to organise a symposia please contact Allison James, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Professor David Buckingham, Institute of Education, University of London, UK.
- Irene Rizzini, International Centre for Research and Policy on Childhood, Brazil.
- Professor Martin Woodhead, The Open University, UK.