The Centre for Criminal Law and Criminal Justice at Durham is hosting its fifth annual conference on the theme of ‘The Criminal Trial and the Pursuit of Justice: Controversies and Alternatives’. The conference will take place at Durham University on 14th and 15th April.
The call for papers is now open and abstracts should be submitted by 14th March to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Click here for further information.
Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- The role of key stakeholders and actors;
- Notions of accountability, legitimacy, procedural fairness and human rights;
- Critical assessments of the rules of evidence and procedure;
- The limits of trial justice;
- Issues pertinent to punishment and sentencing, including mediation and restorative justice.