The IPRT are inviting tenders for two upcoming research projects:
1. Pre-trial detention: Monitoring Alternative and Judicial Decision-Making Process
2. Prison Litigation Network
The successful candidates will have:
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline; Knowledge of the Irish legal and criminal justice systems;
- Experience in utilisation of a range of research methods, including survey design and distribution, interviews, hearing observations and desk-based research; experience of both qualitative and quantitative research;
- Experience in interpretation of EU led research protocols and adapting national research designs as appropriate; experience in seeking and obtaining ethical approval for research purpose;
- Liaison with key stakeholders and gatekeepers involved in Irish criminal justice; research;
- Maintenance of detailed, accurate and fully evidenced time-keeping records;
- Experience in producing high standard research to publication standard;
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict reporting, budgetary and time-recording requirements.
For more details on the two projects, see here.