The ACJRD is hosting its 17th annual conference on the theme of ‘Youth Justice Transformation’. The conference will take place on Friday 17 October at the Camden Court Hotel. The Conference will be launched by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, Dr James O’Reilly TD.
Plenary speakers will address the topics of Prevention and Early Intervention, Current Juvenile Justice Policy, Girls in the Criminal Justice System, and Young People on Community Supervision.
- Peter Taylor, Coordinator, Community & Learning Development Managers Scotland
- Peter Mullan, Chief Prosecution Solicitor, Office of the DPP
- Dr Elaine Arnull, Buckinghamshire New University
- Patricia Muldoon, Youth Justice Agency N.I. & D.I Mark Dennison, PSNI
- Dr Mairead Seymour, D.I.T.
- Ms Ursula Fernee, The Probation Service
Workshops will be held on topics such as pre-sanction reports, the new Oberstown landscape, persistent young offenders, among others.