The theme of the conference will be ‘Victims in Focus: European and Domestic Perspectives’. The conference aims to explore the EU Victims Directive, bringing together a range of speakers from criminal justice agencies, as well as academics, who can speak to the impact of the Directive, and the legislative changes being ushered in.
Conference speakers will include:
- Minister for Justice and Equality, Frances Fitzgerald T.D.
- Katrien Lauwaert, Senior Researcher at the European Forum for Restorative Justice and Leuven Institute of Criminology, Belgium
- Claire Loftus, Director of Prosecutions
- Maria McDonald, BL
- Inspector Lorraine Stack, Garda Victim Liaison Office, Garda Community Relations Bureau
Conference workshop presenters will include:
- Dr Marsha Scott, Scottish Women’s Aid
- Dr Eimear Spain, School of Law, University of Limerick
- Cheryl Lamont, (Acting) Director, Probation Board for Northern Ireland
- Stephen Doyle, Founder & Director, Care After Prison
- Dr Gillian Harold, Postdoctoral Researcher, UCC
- Tom O’Malley, Senior Lecture, School of Law, NUI Galway
- Tara Brown, Volunteer Manager, Ruhama
- Naomi Feely, Senior Policy Officer, Age Action Ireland
Registration: Students €45, Members €99, Non-Members €120.
Further details on registration will be released by ACJRD soon.